Sunday, May 24, 2015

Joomla! It's not me... It's you.

It is day 3 so far of working with Joomla. So many of the good feels and hopes for my website are turning into frustrations with the less than user friendly Joomla. As I watch the video tutorials, it all seems so simple, yet once I get into the administrator site and start playing around I feel differently. I do not doubt that it can be done. With practice and patience I could see myself mastering Joomla, but with the limited amount of time that comes with a Maymester, I may not become a Joomla pro by Monday. 

So, it seems that I dislike Joomla more than I did a few days ago... For now, Joomla and I are tolerating each other, but Joomla is certainly not my CMS soulmate. Other CMSs that I've tinkered with in the past seemed much easier for the technology challenged like myself. 

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. There is still time to create your Joomla masterpiece. Joomla may not be your soulmate, but it is not your downfall either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a library conference from Tuesday through Saturday (counting the travel time) and had very little time to work on it while there. If I'd known how hard it was going to be, I would have skipped some sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ladies, it's finally over and I think we all did a decent job with our websites. In a real world situation though, I would want more than 4 or 5 days to play around with a CMS before presenting it to the public.

    ReplyDelete