Friday, May 22, 2015

An Assesment So Far



After successfully completing the first full week of the Maymester and first round of assignments, I feel like I should be able to breathe a bit easier. Or am I kidding myself? I would not describe my first Maymester experience so far as “easy,” but the amount of work is not as bad as I had anticipated. And on a positive note, I do not think I have ever learned this much from a college class in such a short amount of time before. I’ve discovered the world of “wikis” outside of Wikipedia, I’ve gathered about a million ideas for my social media project at work, and as of this afternoon I will begin creating my very own website with Joomla! I have no idea though what I want my website to be about. At the moment, an assortment of potential ideas are being considered. I plan to get some coffee and a snack after work to help the creative juices flow.
 
For now, I am counting down the days until class is over and a brief summer vacation begins. I can guarantee that by June 5th I will be at Disney World celebrating getting one step closer to finishing my degree. Anyone want to join me? ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Disney World sounds great! I'd love to go. :) We're going to the beach this summer after classes end on the 5th. I am a bit relieved that the class isn't as difficult as I imagined. It is by no means easy, but it is manageable. Have fun with your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. It is not as difficult as I had anticipated (although Joomla gave me some grief in the beginning). Even though it hasn't been terribly difficult, I could see myself slipping behind if I weren't working on assignments and readings every day.

    ReplyDelete