Monday, June 1, 2015

Who's Ready for Windows 10??

I have been anxiously awaiting the debut of Windows 10 for some time now. For years I have been an avid Apple user and supporter. But... a month ago I switched teams, and traded my iphone 5 in for a Samsung Galaxy S6. Even before I made that great leap, I had been considering turning in my 2009 MacBook in for a Windows computer. My problem though, I hate everything that has come from Windows since Windows 8. I hate the phones, I hate the software for the computers. The tiles just need to go.


In my down time at work today, I came across an article on Windows 10, so I excitedly opened it to see if Microsoft has upped their game. I wasn't 100% sold as I looked at the home screen, but there was hope when I read that the "smart phone like" start menu can be minimized to be more "Windows 7-esque"





So, what do you all think of the new Windows 10 desktop and start menu? Personally, it might be too close to the disaster that was Windows 8.




I think I'll have to play around with a Windows 10 device before I leave Apple products for good. If you want to read the article I mentioned, check it out here



2 comments:

  1. I didn't like the tiles either. I have used both pc and mac. I do like the word processing aspects of PCs better then Mac. I have had problems with Safari. But now Iike working with Google chrome. So I'm not sure which team I'm on. I guess we'll see how Windows 10 does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have come to enjoy the Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013 that I use at work better than what I have on my MacBook. To be fair though, my MacBook was a graduation present from high school, so it isn't exactly new, but it is still going strong! If Windows 10 can improve on the disaster that was Windows 8, while not forcing me to use those tiles, I might buy a Windows run computer when my trusty MacBook finally passes away.

    ReplyDelete